10 Simple Tips for Editing Essays in English
The goal of every person is to work on self-improvement. There are numerous ways how to achieve perfection in some peculiar field. The same thing can be said about writing of the essays because this work includes:
- searching for the info
- preparing theses
This article will cover ten amazingly simple tips that are used by pro UK essay writers. The tips can be used as a checklist of what should be done with the text before you finally submit it to your profession or to the selection committee of, for example, Oxford or Harvard Universities.
- Stick to a decent structure. A short break after writing of the essay is necessary to calm down the thoughts and let you see the text with totally new look. The shaping of the text is rather easy and with a ready text it would be comfortable to organize it in a decent structure starting with introduction and leading to the final decisive sentence. The beginning of the text can drive interest, the body of the text should ignite the curiosity regarding the topic and conclusion will create the final opinion of the text. Logical order contributes this effect the best.
- Find a perfect balance of sentences. Complicated long sentences definitely prove your skills of a writer, but they do not enhance the level of readability. It is better to split long sentence into short ones and make the structure simpler and more reader friendly. In this aspect short and mid length sentence are excellent.
- Complicated is not always effective. Some fancy words may sound nice but at the same time they make text more complicated. Consider the case if the text doesn't lose its meaning with simpler words and try to apply usual words in the text. The reader will surely be grateful for such text.
- Repetition is a waste of words. Most people do not realize that they are repeating themselves while writing the text. "Please someone edit my research paper!" - This is the thought that visits the mind of people who reread the text after some period of time. The repetition of words is not the worst scenario, while the repetition of the words is worse. Try to take notes about the idea you want to depict and check if none of them is repeated in the work of yours. Avoid writing about one single thing for too long as it will simply become boring.
- Right word in a right place makes wonders. The use of some words is better than the use of others. "Big"is a nice word, but there are so many other emotional words like "giant, huge immense etc."Try to select the words which describe the situation in the brightest colors.
- Be careful with typos. It would be a very awkward situation if there are some silly typos in the text of T9 type when phone changes the words into some totally different ones which distort the sense of the whole text.
- Mind the grammar. Grammar is the king of the text and you should respect it. Reread the text several times and check if there are any problems regarding tense structure, word use and other grammar aspects. Neat text is a good text.
- Apply proper citations. Your surely write your work by yourself, however, it is based on someone's investigation. It is better to add some proper citations to avoid accusation of plagiarism. A well build list of literature is a guaranteed defense against any issues of authenticity type.
- Avoid overuse of emotional signs. Exclamation marks and Ellipses in the essays usually drive the attention to the text, but these signs describe the writer as a person that is too emotional and it is better to preserve calmness and moderation. Try to change the emotional signs to neutral where possible.
- Finalize formatting. The computers permit excellent options for fast and easy fixing of the text. You should never neglect the technological progress as it can make your work look like a real masterpiece. Check general formatting and the format of separate words. This will show the structure and important elements of the work.
These 10 tips will be an excellent assistant that will help you to decrease the potential issues connected with the essay and let you have a neat and polished work of art. Even if there will be some minor issues, you will be able to avoid the most serious ones.
© 2007-2018 - All Rights Reserved