|3 cup sugar
||1/2 cup water
|3/4 cup corn syrup
||3/4 tsp red vegetable coloring
|1/4 tsp cream of tartar
||1 tsp peppermint flavoring
English Christmas Recipes Videos:
- Combine the sugar, water, syrup, and cream of tartar and heat until the sugar is dissolved fine.
- Divide into two saucepans and boil, but don't stir until each lot 280 degrees.
- Add 1/2 tsp peppermints to each saucepan also add the coloring.
- Cool the lots on an enamel or marble table, the table should be oiling first.
- Like taffy you stretch and pull and form into ropes of red and white, now twist them around again and again until they form a candy cane.
- Now on an oiled surface you allow them to harden.
English Christmas Recipes
© 2007-2016 - All Rights Reserved