|125 g (4 oz) raisins
||125 g (4 oz) glace cherries
|125 g (4 oz) ground almonds
||450 g (1 lb) currants
|125 g (4 oz) sultanas
||2 tablespoons brandy, sherry or rum
||225 g (8 oz) butter
|225 g (8 oz) soft brown sugar
||225 g (8 oz) plain white flour
|1 teaspoon mixed spice(ground nutmeg, cinnamon)
||125 g (4 oz) chopped candied peel (mixed peel)
English Christmas Recipes Videos:
- First chop the cherries, mixed peel and raisins.
- Mix the chopped cherries and raisins with the currants and sultanas in a bowl.
- Pour in the bowl brandy, sherry or rum, leave overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 300º F or 150º C
- Meanwhile beat the eggs, in other bowl cream butter and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour and mix it with the mixed spice, add soaked fruit and the ground almonds.
- Add the beaten egg to the creamed ingredients bowl, also add the flour mixture and mix well at each addition.
- Line the cake tin with grease-proof paper and put the mixture.
- Bake the cake for 3 to 4 hours until it is firm.
- Remove the cake from the tin and let it cool.
- When the cake is cold, store in an air-tight tin and let it mature as long as possible (at least 3 months). It will keep for a year.
English Christmas Recipes
© 2007-2019 - All Rights Reserved