|12 egg yolks
||4 cups milk
|4 cups cream
||3 cups light rum
|1-3/4 cups sugar
|2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla essence
||1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
|3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
English Christmas Recipes Videos:
- In a saucepan blend the milk, cinnamon, cloves and half a teaspoon of the vanilla essence, simmer. Be sure to stir while mixture heats, and remove from heat just before boiling point.
- Mix the sugar with all those egg yolks in a bowl. Make sure you whisk them well.
- Pour the mixture of sugar and egg yolks a little at a time in the milk mixture while continuing to whisk.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan over a medium heat keep stirring until your eggnog mixture starts to resemble custard. Don't let the mixture reach the boiling point.
- Pour the mixture into a jug, making sure to remove the cloves.
- Put the jug in the fridge for an hour or two.
- Gently stir in the cream, light rum, remaining vanilla and ground nutmeg.
- Put back into the fridge overnight. Serve in cups with a little extra ground nutmeg, cinnamon or baking cocoa sprinkled lightly on top. Serve chilled.
English Christmas Recipes
© 2007-2019 - All Rights Reserved