- 3oz margarine
- 3oz white sugar
- 4oz self raising flour
- 2 medium eggs
- Place the margarine and sugar into a bowl, mix together well until margarine is soft and no sugar remains in bowl.
- Place the eggs in a separate bowl, and beat well.
- Add the beaten egg a little at a time to margarine and sugar, mix together well.
- Sieve the flour into the mixture, add the salt and fold well.
- Add enough milk to make mixture into a soft dropping consistency.
- Spoon into greaseproof baking cases and bake in a pre-heated oven at (160°C), (325°F),(Gas Mark 3) for 20-25 minutes.
- When golden remove from bake and place on wire tray to cool, do not remove from cases until cool.
Can be served plain, or topped with icing or chocolate. Often served plain with fresh cream and strawberry Jam.
© 2007-2018 - All Rights Reserved